The Rough Guide to Bolivia (Rough guides) (English Edition)
Discover Bolivia with the most incisive andentertaining guidebook on the market. Whether you plan to swim with pink riverdolphins, cycle the world's most dangerous road, or follow in the footsteps ofChe Guevara and Butch Cassidy, The RoughGuide to Bolivia will show you the ideal places to sleep, eat, drink andshop along the way.
Inside The Rough Guide to Bolivia
- Independent, trusted reviews written in Rough Guides'trademark blend of humour, honesty and insight, to help you get the most out ofyour visit, with options to suit every budget.
- Full-colour maps throughout -navigate the steep, narrow lanes of La Paz's market district or theordered colonial streets of Sucre's historic centre without needing toget online.
- Stunning, inspirational images
- Itineraries - carefully plannedroutes to help you organize your trip.
- Detailed regional coverage -whether off the beaten track or in more mainstream tourist destinations,this travel guide has in-depth practical advice for every step of the way.Areas covered include: La Paz; Oruro; Potosí; Sucre; Cochabamba;Santa Cruz; and Rurrenabaque. Attractions include: Mercado de Hechihería;Tiwanuku; Lake Titicaca and Isla del Sol; Coroico and the "Death Road"; theInca trails; Salar de Uyuni; Reserva de Fauna AndinaEduardo Avaroa; the Che Guevara trail; the Jesuit missions of Chiquitos;Parque Nacional Madidi and the Amazon.
- Basics - essential pre-departurepractical information including getting there, local transport,accommodation, food and drink, fiestas, health, national parks andreserves, outdoor activities, crime and personal safety, culture and etiquetteand more.
- Background information - aContexts chapter devoted to history, wildlife and ecology, books, musicand dance,plus a handy language section and glossary.
Make the Most of Your Time on Earth with theRough Guide to Bolivia.
About Rough Guides: Escape theeveryday with Rough Guides. We are a leading travel publisher known for our"tell it like it is" attitude, up-to-date content and great writing.Since 1982, we've published books covering more than 120 destinations aroundthe globe, with an ever-growing series of ebooks, a range of beautiful, inspirationalreference titles, and an award-winning website. We pride ourselves on ouraccurate, honest and informed travel guides.